Thursday, January 24, 2008

Get Your Tickets for the Fire Station Dedication -- Two for $75 bucks...

January 5th, 2007

Zach
I don't get many parking tickets. If I do get a parking ticket, I pay it. But it is usually very crumpled upon mailing because I have squeezed the life out of the sucker and thrown it on to the floor of my vehicle where it remains for days as I try to get over feeling deceived or taken in some way. You see, in LA they have what I like to call "Conditional Parking Signs:"

But that's not even the most "fustrating" part--because oft times they will have not just one, but 3 or 4 ridiculous signs all stacked on top of each other so even if you can find an open parking spot (which is highly unlikely) you'll have to pull out your LSAT prep book to be able to figure out the logic problem of which sign cancels out what time on what day with what colored curb.

With that as background, I'm on my way to sing with a group at the dedication of the Mar Vista Fire Station. How lovely, we are doing some service FOR THE CITY as a motion of goodwill and love. uh-huh. Eyes were wet, hearts were touched, we did a great job. As I return to my vehicle I notice a gift card on my windshield. What?!? Nevermind that it's Saturday--you see there is a meter next to the curb which apparently trumps all Conditional Parking Signs and that meter only takes coins for up to one hour. It's ok, it's ok--I just did service--I find the inner strength to support the city and not crumple the ticket. Upon arriving home, I am startled to find there is another slip of paper inside of the ticket envelope. . . What the. . . ?? Two tickets?!?!? Yes, yes, didn't you know that you can receive an additional ticket for each and every hour you are parked in the one hour parking?--see you're taking away someone else's opportunity to get a ticket you curb-hogging ingrate...

Both tickets are currently crumpled on the floor of my car...

No comments: