Sunday, February 17, 2008

Carnation Instant Waterfall

Okay, so the other day I was stirring up a glass of carnation instant breakfast, and all of a sudden I felt wet everywhere, with the majority of the feeling focused in just below my waist. WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?! Did I just...?!?! No way...
Well it turns out that as I was stirring, the glass completely broke. But not in a way that I've ever seen before...





Isn't that crazy? A hole in the side of the glass, just like that. But because I was swiriling it around, it came gushing out with a lot of force and it was so sudden and so strong that it really took me a few seconds to figure out what had happened. And the counter happens to hit me right below the waist, so it felt a little weird. Part of this complete breakfast, right?


Oh, and part two to this story is that I wiped it all up with a big blue towel, threw the towel in the laundry room towels bin that I was planning to put in the washer that day, and of course never threw in the load... A few days later, after my 3 year-old puked on me three times in a row (and I helplessly sat there, holding out my hand, like it was going to catch the eruption), I put everything we were wearing and everything else that got contaminated by the throw up in the washing machine and cloroxed up the kitchen and anything that smelled like puke. Still smelling something unsettling, I then sniffed out the now curdled milk towel that I had never washed. Then, I seriously almost puked.

No comments: