Friday, February 15, 2008

Stinkin' Valentine's Day

I forgot to put on deodorant yesterday morning.

See, the power is out in half of my house (yes, just half), and the "out" half includes my bathroom, so after showering and brushing my teeth by candlelight (Happy romantic Valentine's Day to you, too), I moved my hair-doing operation to my bedroom, but neglected to bring the deodorant. Huh. I only remembered after I got to my office, which is a 40-minute drive from home, WAY too far to go back, especially when there's a CVS two minutes away.

But I didn't even have to drive to CVS. I only had to go as far as my car in the parking lot, where I applied the deodorant that I had purchased and left in my car three weeks ago, the LAST time I forgot to put on deodorant in the morning.

Yup. Welcome to my world.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Margaret - this is too funny, and now you're famous; you're blogging on another person's blog.

Unknown said...

OK, funny story...

I forgot to wear deoderant to work a couple of times. Well I hate to admit to this but it was an emergency... I worked at an inpatient unit... I used one of the patient's deoderant. I know. Ew, ew ew using someone elses and the poor inpatient and all that... but it would have been much more gross if I went all day without. I know. I've been there when it has happened. I didn't tell her so I figure she doesn't have to know. :)